The Carlo Bilotti Museum's permanent collection consists of the gift of 23 works donated by the entrepreneur Carlo Bilotti to the City of Rome, including paintings, drawings and sculptures. The most coherent and central group is made up of 18 works by Giorgio de Chirico (Volos 1888-Rome 1978), of which 17 are displayed in this room and one, a sculpture of Hector and Andromache, is installed outside the Museum.
Carlo Bilotti, who came from a noble southern family, was an international cosmetics buyer and, for all his life, a passionate collector of art. After finishing his legal studies in naples and Palermo, he began work in the construction sites and other industries owned by his parents Mario and Edvige Miceli, the baronial family of Serradileo. In 1963 he attended courses at Columbia University, New York, and in 1968 he married Margaret Embury Schultz.
The Villa Borghese’s Orangery, now the location of the Museo Carlo Bilotti, has had a long and very interesting history; in the course of time it has undergone numerous, and substantial, transformations to both its appearance and its function. It already existed in the area from which the first Villa Borghese was created by Cardinal Scipione (1576-1633), and used as a quite prestigious residence
Arte e sacro si fondono nelle mostre di Yves Klein, Sidival Fila e Tito, che propongono tre artisti differenti per nazionalità, generazione e stile, accomunati da una tensione per la ricerca spirituale, resa in una sintesi complessa di colore, luce e materia.